JBS Australia By-products Processing Plant
|Client:||JBS Australia Pty Limited|
|Scope overview:||Design, construct and procure process equipment for a by-products processing plant|
Multi-award winning by-products processing plant for JBS Australia
JBS Australia Pty Limited is a division of JBS, Brazil’s largest multinational in the food sector, and the world’s largest meat company.
JBS Australia has an extensive presence along the eastern seaboard, with a number of domestic and globally recognised brand names including AMH, King Island Beef, Royal, Swift Premium, Tasman Meats and Tasmanian Premium Beef.
Wiley was contracted to undertake the design, construction and procurement of process equipment for the turnkey delivery of a by-products processing plant for JBS Australia’s processing facility with the capacity to kill 4,000 cattle per day.
- Satisfying environmental restraints relating to odour
- Designing the facility to fit tightly into an area of the existing JBS Australia site
- Delivering the project within rigid program and staging parameters.
- Involvement in JBS Australia master planning and assessment of the many development options.
- Total control of the multi discipline design required for delivery of the facilities.
- Responsibility for direct procurement of all process equipment on behalf of JBS Australia and for installation and commissioning of equipment to achieve performance parameters.
- Responsibility for contracting, directing and supervising all construction trades.
The new by-products processing plant allows JBS Australia to meet its by-product processing and dispatch requirements for current outputs and future projected outputs, to meet environmental requirements, and to maximise opportunities for meal and tallow in the by-product market.
This project was awarded:
- The Master Builders Association Regional and State Awards for Industrial Buildings over $10M
- A high commendation for Project Management Achievement from the Australian Institute of Project Management
- A Professional Excellence in Innovation Award from The Australian Institute of Building
- An Engineering Excellence Award in the category of Products and Manufacturing Facilities from The Institute of Engineers Australia.