Ridley new high-tech extrusion feedmill
|Scope overview:||Advisory services, design and principal contractor|
|Facility:||New high-tech extrusion feedmill|
|Project Profile:||Download PDF|
This new, purpose-built extrusion mill has an annualised capacity of 50,000 tonnes per annum, on-site bulk storage capacity and fit for purpose warehouses for both raw materials and finished goods. There is also a range of specialist equipment and services integrated into the facility to support the highly technical production processes.
The facility manufactures and supplies feed primarily to the salmon industry, as well as other aquaculture species in Australia and New Zealand. The new mill adds to Ridley’s already-strong position as the market-leading producer of high-quality animal nutrition solutions.
This modern processing facility provides increased efficiencies and capacity, incorporating the latest technologies from around the world and providing the industry with a wide range of benefits. These include a greater capacity in shorter lead times and the ability to collaborate more closely on new product development and dietary enhancements.
The new extrusion facility allows Ridley to deliver increased value to the Aquaculture industry and improved returns for their shareholders.
Wiley were engaged by Ridley, as Principal Contractor, to:
- Manage the design and scope to achieve Ridley’s target goals, particularly quality, time and cost
- Manage the responsibilities of a Principal Contractor, including keeping everyone safe during the project
- Engage with and manage stakeholders and project partners
- Work with local authorities and partners to obtain all necessary approvals
- Ensure the facility is fit-for-purpose (throughout the design and delivery stages)
- Manage the integration between the building, equipment and services
- Ensure the facility is practically complete, operational and producing high-quality feed within the agreed program.